2020 Weitzman School Awards
This year’s event brings together honorees to share lessons from both public and private sectors about how to enhance the built environment and strengthen our communities through great design and planning.
Virtual Event Highlights:
- Remarks by Weitzman Dean and Paley Professor Frederick Steiner.
- A conversation moderated by Lisa Servon, Kevin and Erica Penn Presidential Professor and Chair of City and Regional Planning at the Weitzman School discussing GreenPlan Philadelphia, the recipient of the 2020 Witte-Sakamoto Family Medal in City and Regional Planning with:
- Jim Kenney, Mayor of Philadelphia
- Michael DiBerardinis, Former Managing Director of Philadelphia, Professor of Practice, Fels Institute of Government, University of Pennsylvania
- Garlen Capita, Senior Associate, WRT
- A conversation with Peter Eisenman, the recipient of the 2020 Kanter Tritsch Medal in Architecture and Winka Dubbeldam, Miller Professor and Chair of Architecture at the Weitzman School.
- Testimonials from our student winners discussing the impact of the Prizes.
While there is no cost to attend, all proceeds from the event will directly support student scholarships in architecture and city and regional planning at the Weitzman School, ensuring that the cost of attending the School is not a barrier for students of all backgrounds. After registering, a link for the event will be sent via email to all participants.
If you require any accessibility accommodation, such as live captioning, audio description, or a sign language interpreter, please email [email protected] to let us know what you need. Please note, we require at least 48 hours’ notice. If you register within 48 hours of this event, we won’t be able to secure the appropriate accommodations.
Eisenman Architects, Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, Berlin, Germany, 1998-2005 © Eisenman Architects
- 2 December 2020, 18:00
- Online Event
- University of Pennsylvania Stuart Weitzman School of Design